Do you have a hard time completely emptying your e-mail Inbox because you have so many e-mails in it? Wouldn’t you really like a fresh start with an empty Inbox?
Here’s how to create a second, temporary Inbox in your e-mail program.
1. Open Microsoft Outlook 2013.
2. In the Folder Pane on the left, select the Inbox folder.
3. Go to the top of the page on the Ribbon and select the Folder tab.
4. Click on the New Folder icon.
5. A dialogue box will appear. Type in “Inbox2” In the open space.
6. Hit OK. The folder will now appear below your existing Inbox folder.
Now for the good part. You are going to move all of your current e-mails to this temporary Inbox. If you have a lot of e-mails (thousands), you may want to do this at the end of the day as it may take hours to download them.
1. Left click the top e-mail in your Inbox. Hold down the Shift key. Go down to the last e-mail and click on it. (All of your e-mails should be selected.)
2. Grab any e-mail (left click it and hold it down) and drag it to the Inbox2 folder. Let it go.
3. All of your e-mails will be moved (or soon will be) to your new Inbox2 folder.
Congratulations! You now have an empty Inbox and can start deciding (emptying it) on it three times a day.
What do you do with all of the old e-mails that you have moved? Clean out a few from the top (the most current ones) when you go through your regular Inbox three times a day. Eventually you will get rid of all of them.
Don’t screw it up again (by not deciding) or the same thing will happen again.
Happy Independence Day! God bless America.
© Greg Vetter 2019. All rights reserved